Writing by Jessica Claire Haney
- “My Long Climb Out of Chronic Lyme” – Healthy Women
- “Yes, I Want My White Kids Challenged to Question Their Privilege”– Huffington Post
- “Remembering the Uncle My Children Will Never Know” – Scary Mommy
- “Seeing is Believing” – Birth Writes: A Collection of Real-Life Birth Stories.
- “(Into and) Out of the Mouths of Babes” and “From Here to There” – Have Milk, Will Travel: Adventures in Breastfeeding
- “The First Time Around” – From the Heart: A Collection of Stories and Poems from the Front Lines of Parenting
- “Attemptus Interruptus,” Exhale Magazine
- “Caring for Your Inner Child,” Journal of Attachment Parenting International
- “My Name is … What?” Motherverse Blog
- See also Jessica’s essays on Medium
- “Navigating” – Grace in Darkness: D.C. Metro Women Writers, vol. VIII
- “Out of Scale” – Abundant Grace: D.C. Metro Women Writers, vol. VII
- “5 Ways to Help Kids Connect with Nature” – Washington FAMILY Magazine
- “The Benefits of Craniosacral Therapy” – Washington FAMILY Magazine
- “Nat Geo Gender Revolution Documentary is a Must-See,” TheDCMoms.com
- “Labor Day Rallies Call for ‘Improving Birth,'” Mothering.com
- “Alexandria Symphony Children’s Arts Festival Celebrates Harlem Renaissance,” Alexandria Patch
- “Birth Advocates Strategize for Decreased Maternal Mortality,” Leesburg Patch
- “Smithsonian’s Hirshorn Museum Nurse-In Draws Large Crowd” Mothering.com
- “NIH says remove barriers to VBAC,” Mothering Magazine
- “Classical Music for Little Fingers and Ears,” The Washington Post
- “Fizzy’s Lunch Lab a Little Fuzzy on Nutrition” – Hartke is Online!
- “Freecycle: Fast, Frugal, Friendly,” The Wise Mom, Holistic Moms Network
Multiple articles on healthy living and mindful parenting my lifestyle magazine for natural-minded parents in Metro DC, Mindful Healthy Life
- “Director of Birth Story on Mothering While Filmmaking: Interview with Sara Lamm” – Mothering.com
- “Sustainable Farmer and Author Forrest Pritchard on Parenting” – TheDCMoms.com
- “Weekend Workshop to Show a New Way of Life for a New Year: Interview with Claudia Welch” – TheDCMoms.com
- “Author Katrina Kenison Comes to DC Yoga Studio” – TheDCMoms.com
- Forthcoming in Written in Arlington anthology
- “Spring Sestina for a Teen Mother” – Porcupine Literary
- “#23a. HOW DID THIS PERSON USUALLY GET TO WORK LAST WEEK?” – Beltway Poetry Quarterly
- “White Male” – Hip Mama
- “Invitation to My Brother” – Earth’s Daughters
- “Fitting Form” – Court Green
- “Taking it In, and Out” – Exhale Magazine and “Cesarean Voices” Exhibit sponsored by the Baltimore Chapter of the International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN)
For links to television appearances, readings and other events where I have spoken, see the Appearances page.
I blog regularly at Mindful Healthy Life, the lifestyle magazine for natural-minded parents in Metro DC where I cover local news and wellness topics relevant to natural-minded parents.
My personal blog is Crunchy-Chewy Mama.
I also blogged at TheDCMoms.com.
I wrote the column “Reading Ingredients for Healthy Living” at The Washington Times Communities Health and Science section 2009-2013