Jessica’s Appearances in the Media and at Events
Featured reader at Readings on the Pike, January 21, 2019, 8:00 p.m. Twisted Vines, 2803 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA
Past Readings and Performances
Grace in Darkness is Volume 8 of the Grace & Gravity series of fiction by D.C. Women Writers.
Read her contributor profile in which Jessica explains how the story fits into the novel and answers other questions about writing and writing-while-mothering.
Abundant Grace is Volume 7 of the Grace & Gravity series of fiction by D.C. Women Writers.
May 2017 Listen to Your Mother DC
Jessica read “Words to Live By.”
Television & Radio Appearances:
“How to grow your own vegetables using leftover veggie scraps.”
News Channel 8’s Good Morning Washington (March 2017)
See the accompanying Mindful Healthy Life Blog post for more information.
“Simple Steps to Detox Your Home:”
News Channel 8’s Good Morning Washington (January 2017)
See also the accompanying Mindful Healthy Life blog post for more information.
Jessica’s journey to holistic living and parenting: America Meditating radio show (May 2016)
The importance of clean air for children’s health: Moms Clean Air Force Virginia Mama Summit Press Conference (February 2015)
Cost of diapers and merits of cloth diapering: Liz Crenshaw’s Consumer Watch (2012)
The prevalence of High Fructose Corn Syrup and why to avoid it: CNN (2010)
See the accompanying blog post.
Facilitator of May 2018 Arlington Clean Air Community Forum
Facilitator of May 2017 Clean Air Awareness Month Celebration
Additional Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- “How Gender Messages Influence Our Parenting” at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria Chapter, October 2017
- “Mood Up, Stress Down: Essential Oils 101” at Women’s Health & Wellness Day, September 2017
- “Holistic Parenting 101” at the World Breastfeeding Week at the Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington, August 2017
- “Platform-building for holistic businesses,” Wellness Inspired Network meeting, May 2017
- Essential Oils 101, multiple locations/times
- “Holistic Parenting from the Inside Out” at the Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington’s Nourish, Flourish, Connect, August 2016
- “Greatest Hits: Favorite Spots & Activities for Natural-Minded Parents in Metro DC” at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria chapter, July 2016
- “Being a Holistic Parent in Public Schools” panelist at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria chapter, March 2016
- “Supporting Children’s Emotional Health” panelist at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria chapter, August 2014
- Jessica’s website, Mindful Healthy Life, was a sponsor of the May 2018 LoCo Wellness Expo.
- Jessica Claire Haney Consulting and her website, Mindful Healthy Life, were sponsors of the May 2018 International Midwives Day Celebration and screening of Why Not Home? a documentary about health professionals who choose homebirth.
- Jessica’s website was a supporter of Postpartum Support Virginia’s 2018 Lunafest
- Jessica’s website was a sponsor of the Renewed Living Radical Rejuvenation Workshop series January 2017-October 2018
- Jessica’s website exhibited at MommyCon DC, July 2016
As Quoted in…
“40 Habits of Calm, Centered Women” by Bethanne Patrick on Aleteia for Her (July 2016)
“How Much Screen Time is Too Much?” by Kim O’Connell in Arlington Magazine (March/April 2015)
Article by Washington Post columnist Petula Dvorak regarding the one-year anniversary of the Holistic Moms chapter Jessica founded (January 2010)
Jessica is available to speak on a variety of topics related to holistic living and parenting.
Contact her at jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com for more information.
This page includes an affiliate link to the Take Back Your Health Conference.