Listed on this page are the services I offer as a writer, editor and consultant.
To inquire about working with me, or to request a Rate Sheet, email haneyjessicaclaire (at) gmail (dot) com
Let me help you craft your message. I will create quality content that conveys your voice and appeals to your clientele.
Copywriting services are available for:
- Brochures and marketing material
- Blog posts
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Ad campaigns and text for graphics
If desired, copywriting collaborations may include consulting for:
- Identification & refining of audience
Editing & Proofreading
I offer editing services and formatting guidance for written projects including all of the areas described above and more, including creative work (fiction, non-fiction, poetry) and résumés/CVs:
Writing Coaching & Tutoring
Writing Tutoring for Youth
A former high school English teacher and Composition teacher at the college level, I have been working with students in grades 8 through college as a writing tutor since 2007.
My approach is to support students developing confidence as writers.
- For those working on assignments, I assist with planning for writing, writing, and editing and proofreading.
- For creative writers, we discuss craft and generate new ideas, and I provide coaching on revision. I tutor students in all genres, including fiction, investigative journalism, essays & creative non-fiction, and poetry.
- For reluctant writers, I engage students in fun word-related “Writing Brain” activities to keep writing muscles active and help kids see themselves as writers.
- For all students, I infuse concepts related to grammar, punctuation, sentence structure as well as structure, tone and flow into all of my tutoring.
College Application Essay Writing Tutoring
I help college seniors plan, draft and edit their college application essays. Click here for more information.
Writing Coaching for Adults
For those who know their material but lack confidence in written expression, I can help you become more comfortable creating and refining your message.
For professional writers and creatives, I offer constructive and collaborative coaching that will help you up your game and meet your writing goals.
Writing Coaching is available for:
- content experts like practitioners, therapists and healers
- those with a vision but little or no training in writing
- writers who seek one-on-one, targeted collaboration
Long-Term Writing Coaching & Developmental Editing
I am available to work with a limited number of clients who are working on a long-term project, like a book or series of essays, or with clients who are working on long-range goals.
Business & Strategy Consulting
I can assist experts in the areas of health, wellness, parenting and green living in getting out their message.
Together, we can:
- identify your goals for reaching your ideal audience
- refine your message and messaging strategy
- define the focus and parameters of your event outreach, marketing, public relations and digital media strategy
Brand Advising & Event Planning
Are you looking to widen your audience? Rebranding? Shifting your focus? Planning an event?
I will advise on steps toward a successful launch or transition, such as:
- launch of new brand, blog, website, store, product or service
- rebranding and/or reopening
- conference, forum, class, workshop or webinar
I can see clients through modest events and launches.
For larger events and projects, meet with me for an hour before you hire an expensive consulting company. Our collaboration will ensure that you enter into any major process with a much clearer idea of the direction you want to go in so that your investment will be well spent.
To inquire about working with me or to request a Rate Sheet, email jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com.
“Jessica’s advice was tremendously helpful to my efforts to expand my services to a new market. Branding and social media come effortlessly to Jessica. She clearly loves to think about creative ways to reach people with valuable services.”
-Nancy Striniste, founder and principal designer, EarlySpace, LLC and author of Nature Play at Home
“Jessica has shown great leadership and has been a terrific collaborator on a number of initiatives related to outdoor learning and environmental health in schools. Her writing and outreach skills have been a huge help in event promotion and awareness-raising of important issues that affect many sectors of the community.”
“The Holistic Moms chapter that Jessica founded has been an invaluable resource for parents in northern Virginia. During her seven-year tenure leading the organization, Jessica built a caring community that provided life-changing education and support to members and visitors. Jessica is committed to sharing information and has a gift for connecting people with the resources they need.”
–Michelle Rief, School Board Member, Alexandria City Public Schools