Jessica’s Appearances in the Media and at Events
Television & Radio Appearances:
“How to grow your own vegetables using leftover veggie scraps.” News Channel 8’s Good Morning Washington (March 2017)
See the accompanying Mindful Healthy Life Blog post for more information.
“Simple Steps to Detox Your Home:” News Channel 8’s Good Morning Washington (January 2017)
See also the accompanying Mindful Healthy Life blog post for more information.
Jessica’s journey to holistic living and parenting: America Meditating radio show (May 2016)
The importance of clean air for children’s health: Moms Clean Air Force Virginia Mama Summit Press Conference (February 2015)
Cost of diapers and merits of cloth diapering: Liz Crenshaw’s Consumer Watch (2012)
The prevalence of High Fructose Corn Syrup and why to avoid it: CNN (2010)
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- Presenter: “How Gender Messages Influence Our Parenting” at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria Chapter, October 2017
- Presenter: “Mood Up, Stress Down: Essential Oils 101” at Women’s Health & Wellness Day, September 2017
- Presenter: “Holistic Parenting 101” at the World Breastfeeding Week at the Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington, August 2017
- Presenter: “Platform-building for holistic businesses,” Wellness Inspired Network meeting, May 2017
- Presenter: “Holistic Parenting 101” at Heroes for Moms Blood Drive and Maternal Health Event, May 2017
- Author/reader: Abundant Grace Reading at One More Page Books, May 2017
- Cast member: Listen to Your Mother DC, May 2017
- Presenter/educator: Essential Oils 101, multiple locations/times
- Event organizer and emcee: Arlington Clean Air Awareness Month Celebration, May 2017
- Sponsor: “Find Your Voice” and “Intention is Everything” Radical Rejuvenation workshops, April and February 2017
- Presenter: “Holistic Parenting from the Inside Out” at the Breastfeeding Center for Greater Washington’s Nourish, Flourish, Connect, August 2016
- Presenter: “Greatest Hits: Favorite Spots & Activities for Natural-Minded Parents in Metro DC” at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria chapter, July 2016
- Exhibitor: MommyCon DC, July 2016
- Panelist: “Being a Holistic Parent in Public Schools” at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria chapter, March 2016
- Panelist: “Supporting Children’s Emotional Health” at Holistic Moms Network Arlington/Alexandria chapter, August 2014
As Quoted in…
“40 Habits of Calm, Centered Women” by Bethanne Patrick on Aleteia for Her (July 2016)
“How Much Screen Time is Too Much?” by Kim O’Connell in Arlington Magazine (March/April 2015)
Article by Washington Post columnist Petula Dvorak regarding the one-year anniversary of the Holistic Moms chapter Jessica founded (January 2010)
Jessica is available to speak on a variety of topics related to holistic living and parenting. Contact her at jessica (at) mindfulhealthylife (dot) com for more information.
This page includes affiliate links.